VISA & Work Permit of Foreign Employee
Business visitors to Bangladesh will require a visa. The visa has to be obtained from the Bangladeshi diplomatic mission in the visa applicant’s country.
Bangladesh issues the following categories of business visas:
- Single-entry for three months
- Multiple-entry for three months
- Multiple-entry for six months
- Multiple-entry for one year
Landing Permit / Visa on Arrival (LP/VOA):
- The foreign investor is identified by a certificate issued by BOI, BEPZA or the Ministry of Industries
- The foreign businessperson who is directly associated with import of Bangladeshi products is identified by a certificate from the relevant associations of export-oriented
- Commercial/industrial organizations (ie- Federation of Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) or the Bangladesh Garment Manufacture and Export Association (BGMEA)).
- LP/VOA cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- The LP/VOA applicant must have $500 endorsed in his/her passport or in cash.
- The LP/VOA applicant must have a return ticket.
Work Permits for Foreign Employee:
In order to employ a foreign national, it is imperative that the employer obtain a work permit. Required conditions of the relevant authority of Bangladesh Government need to be fulfilled before applying for a work permit.
If you would like us to examine your particular situation and assist you in applying for visa, visa extension and work permit, it is possible to arrange an appointment by telephone or e-mail for detailed consultation. Please contact us now.